Apple’s latest macOS Sierra update is making Apple Pay available for web purchases through Safari on desktop devices. “Shoppers can now click the Apple Pay button at checkout on nearly 300,000 participating websites, including 1-800-Flowers, Gilt, Instacart, Lululemon, Warby Parker and more, and then complete their purchase with Touch ID on iPhone 6 or later, or with Apple Watch,” Apple says. The release of the iOS10 operating system allowed the launch of Apple Pay for mobile websites earlier this month.
- Graphene NFC antennas pave way for cheaper, stronger connected wearables
- Indian government working on Aadhaar mobile payments app
- Wirecard to integrate insurance into Boon
- Army cadets develop NFC medical bracelet
- Royal Mint to develop blockchain for gold trade