Some 250 products from global technology leaders are now Fido certified, the Fido Alliance has revealed. “This is growth of over 200% since this time last year,” the organisation says. Fido was launched in 2013 as an open security authentication concept to replace passwords with a range of methods such as biometrics. Support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and NFC was added in July 2015.
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion
- Pakistan bank offers mobile ATM cash withdrawals
- Samsung Pay set for 2017 UK launch
- Canadian bank replaces NFC SIM-based service with HCE
- Android Pay launches in Ireland