Some 250 products from global technology leaders are now Fido certified, the Fido Alliance has revealed. “This is growth of over 200% since this time last year,” the organisation says. Fido was launched in 2013 as an open security authentication concept to replace passwords with a range of methods such as biometrics. Support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and NFC was added in July 2015.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices