The global annual value of contactless point of sale terminal transactions — conducted in-store using cards, mobile phones and wearables — will approach US$500bn in 2017, up from an estimated $321bn this year, Juniper Research predicts. “However, the low value nature of contactless payments means that it will only represent just 5% of the total value of all POS transactions in 2017,” the firm says.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway