The global annual value of contactless point of sale terminal transactions — conducted in-store using cards, mobile phones and wearables — will approach US$500bn in 2017, up from an estimated $321bn this year, Juniper Research predicts. “However, the low value nature of contactless payments means that it will only represent just 5% of the total value of all POS transactions in 2017,” the firm says.
- Alipay expands across Europe after deals with major banks and payment providers
- Android Pay offers Christmas rewards
- Loyalty and gifts added to Apple Pay
- Amazon Go store will let customers shop and go without checkout queues
- Join us on Thursday for HCE mobile payments webinar