Square’s contactless chip reader is now available in Australia, enabling businesses to accept contactless transactions and NFC mobile payments. It will retail at $59 (US$45.11). The company began rolling out its first contactless readers in November 2015. When Square launched in Australia in March this year it initially opted not to make tap-and-go available, saying it would be “too expensive and too big” to fit the company’s signature shape.
- Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments — See the webinar now on NFC World
- Cartes Bancaires picks Gemalto to ease member banks’ NFC mobile payments offer
- Alipay comes to more Australian stores
- Australian bank reveals NFC payments sticker use
- Apple Pay adds US and Australian banks