Visa CEO Charlie Scharf will resign on 1 December 2016 to be replaced by current Visa board member, and former president of American Express, Alfred F Kelly Jr. “Mr Scharf informed the board of directors that he decided to resign his position as CEO and board member because he could no longer spend the time in San Francisco necessary to do the job effectively,” the payment network says. “Mr Kelly will join the company on October 31, 2016 as CEO designate.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway