An update to the EMV 3-D Secure specification means both biometrics and one-time passcodes can now be used to add security to card-not-present transactions. “The new specification provides a globally interoperable framework that promotes a consistent consumer experience across all ecommerce channels and connected devices when authenticating a cardholder,” payments standards body EMVCo says. The EMV 3DS 2.0 specification can be downloaded, royalty free, from the EMVCo website.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain