Half of all European cards will be contactless by 2021 and the volume of contactless payments will rise more than six-fold between 2015 and 2021 to almost 25bn — equivalent to 22% of all payments on European cards — RBR reveals. At the end of 2015, there were 346m contactless cards in the region, up 41% from a year before, with the use of contactless card payments increasing three-fold to 3.7bn, equivalent to 5% of all card payments.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain