India’s first artificial intelligence banking robot has made its debut in a branch of City Union Bank in Chennai, The Times of India reports. Lakshmi is said to be able to voice intelligent and informal answers on more than 125 banking subjects. Sensitive financial information like account details are displayed on the robot’s screen and not voiced. The bank has plans for 25 to 30 robots at key branches by the end of the year if Lakshmi proves a hit with customers.
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion
- Pakistan bank offers mobile ATM cash withdrawals
- Samsung Pay set for 2017 UK launch
- Canadian bank replaces NFC SIM-based service with HCE
- Android Pay launches in Ireland