Indian mobile wallet provider MobiKwik says it is ready to serve 300m users, up from its current 35m customer base, in the wake of the government’s withdrawal of Rs 500 (US$7) and Rs 1,000 ($14) notes from circulation. A spokesman says it has registered 18 times growth in transactions since the announcement of demonetisation earlier this month and is gearing up to accept 100m daily transactions. Mobile financial solutions provider Mahindra Comviva told NFC World demonetisation would make mobile payments the “de-facto payment mode” in India.
- Graphene NFC antennas pave way for cheaper, stronger connected wearables
- Indian government working on Aadhaar mobile payments app
- Wirecard to integrate insurance into Boon
- Army cadets develop NFC medical bracelet
- Royal Mint to develop blockchain for gold trade