Chip giant Intel is developing a virtual reality headset based on ‘merged reality’, with users able to see the real world even while wearing a full headset, The Verge reports. Project Alloy aims to offer a “PC-like VR experience without the need to tether the headset to a computer system”. The system is potentially safer than full virtual reality headsets and also eliminates the need for additional sensors or hand controllers for interactive experiences.
- Graphene NFC antennas pave way for cheaper, stronger connected wearables
- Indian government working on Aadhaar mobile payments app
- Wirecard to integrate insurance into Boon
- Army cadets develop NFC medical bracelet
- Royal Mint to develop blockchain for gold trade