In-store mobile payments accounted for 0.6% of transactions made on Black Friday in the US, research released by payment technologies provider Cayan reveals. California recorded the highest use of mobile payments with 1%, while Wyoming recorded the lowest with 0.05%. EMV cards represented 55% of all Black Friday transactions, while magnetic stripe cards took a 34% share.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain