A team from French science engineering graduate school Polytech’Marseille has been shortlisted in the 2010 Simagine awards for an NFC application designed to ease the pain of parking in busy urban areas.
The Parkeur application provides a package of services, leveraging NFC phones and a network of RFID tags, to help drivers:
- Quickly find a parking lot
- Store a virtual parking ticket in their cell phone
- Localize and retrieve the location of their car amongst thousands of cars
- Track their parking bill in real time and use their cell phone to pay
- Collect special offers and advertisements in the car park that can then be redeemed at nearby shops and restaurants.
The project team is led by Associate Professor Hassen Aziza and includes two Polytech’Marseille students, Wajdi Sassi and Kenza Cherafedin.