US fuel retailer Sheetz is now accepting NFC payments via Google Wallet, according to a post on the company’s Facebook page. The retailer first installed contactless payments terminals and began issuing contactless stickers in 2009, following an early NFC payments trial.
- Mastercard adds bar tab feature to Qkr! mobile payments app
- Huawei includes NFC payments in new smartwatch
- China’s central bank tests digital currency for in-store payments
- NXP reveals secure element and NFC solution that speeds transaction times, increases security and supports smaller form factors
- Google Assistant comes to more Android phones