BlackBerry maker Research in Motion is working on several NFC projects with stores in Mexico, according to Netmedia. The activity is related to NFC-based loyalty programmes, the report adds, rather than payments.
- Barclays opens Pingit wearable payments store
- Chinese airlines to offer NFC baggage tags at Beijing airport
- Italian rail operator to pilot barrier-free transit ticketing
- XYZ to adopt finger vein payments at co-working cafe
- Manchester reports on open loop contactless ticketing adoption