BlackBerry maker Research in Motion is working on several NFC projects with stores in Mexico, according to Netmedia. The activity is related to NFC-based loyalty programmes, the report adds, rather than payments.
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan
- Royal Bank of Canada adds support for Samsung Pay
- Emirates NBD rolls out blockchain security platform that adds QR codes to physical cheques
- Google Pay expands support for transit ticketing cards to Portland
- Japanese airline ANA to enter mobile payments market