BlackBerry maker Research in Motion is working on several NFC projects with stores in Mexico, according to Netmedia. The activity is related to NFC-based loyalty programmes, the report adds, rather than payments.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies