BlackBerry maker Research in Motion is working on several NFC projects with stores in Mexico, according to Netmedia. The activity is related to NFC-based loyalty programmes, the report adds, rather than payments.
- BBVA brings Alipay to Spain
- Macau’s ATMs are using facial recognition to help follow the money
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys