BMO is to become the first major Canadian bank to issue contactless stickers to its customers, says Canoe.ca. The MasterCard PayPass tags are attached to the back of users’ phones and can then be used to charge purchases of up to C$50 to the customer’s credit card account. PayPass transactions account for nearly 10% of all MasterCard credit card purchases in Canada.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone