BMO is to become the first major Canadian bank to issue contactless stickers to its customers, says Canoe.ca. The MasterCard PayPass tags are attached to the back of users’ phones and can then be used to charge purchases of up to C$50 to the customer’s credit card account. PayPass transactions account for nearly 10% of all MasterCard credit card purchases in Canada.
- Tappy Technologies joins the NFC World Partner Program
- ST launches NFC universal device for next-generation POS terminals
- Liopa uses lip reading to add security to face recognition systems
- NXP adds support for FeliCa to NFC phones
- Alipay and UnionPay to support Japanese J-Coin digital currency