A total of 630m handsets, representing 40% of all mobile phones shipped, will come with NFC in 2015 and will drive transactions worth US$71bn, according to a new report by Informa Telecoms & Media. “We anticipate that Android will account for the largest number of NFC handset shipments from 2012 onwards,” says Informa’s Shailendra Pandey.
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets