A total of 630m handsets, representing 40% of all mobile phones shipped, will come with NFC in 2015 and will drive transactions worth US$71bn, according to a new report by Informa Telecoms & Media. “We anticipate that Android will account for the largest number of NFC handset shipments from 2012 onwards,” says Informa’s Shailendra Pandey.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents