A total of 630m handsets, representing 40% of all mobile phones shipped, will come with NFC in 2015 and will drive transactions worth US$71bn, according to a new report by Informa Telecoms & Media. “We anticipate that Android will account for the largest number of NFC handset shipments from 2012 onwards,” says Informa’s Shailendra Pandey.
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign