Journalists have been invited to “get a look at what’s new from Android” at a Samsung press event subtitled the ‘Google Episode’, which is to be held at the CTIA Enterprise & Applications trade show in the US on October 11. Possible launches include Android Ice Cream Sandwich and the rumoured Google Nexus Prime handset, says This Is My Next.
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service
- Blockchain mobile payments pilot to go live in Mongolia
- US credit unions to offer blockchain digital ID service
- PenFed joins US move to contactless payment cards