The Communications Council, an Australian marketing industry body, has urged smartphone makers to release more NFC phones in the country. “We’re in a peculiar situation in Australia where we are behind the rest of the world when it comes to the rollout of NFC handsets,” said the council’s Iain McDonald, according to TechWorld.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones