The Communications Council, an Australian marketing industry body, has urged smartphone makers to release more NFC phones in the country. “We’re in a peculiar situation in Australia where we are behind the rest of the world when it comes to the rollout of NFC handsets,” said the council’s Iain McDonald, according to TechWorld.
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution