The Communications Council, an Australian marketing industry body, has urged smartphone makers to release more NFC phones in the country. “We’re in a peculiar situation in Australia where we are behind the rest of the world when it comes to the rollout of NFC handsets,” said the council’s Iain McDonald, according to TechWorld.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers