The Communications Council, an Australian marketing industry body, has urged smartphone makers to release more NFC phones in the country. “We’re in a peculiar situation in Australia where we are behind the rest of the world when it comes to the rollout of NFC handsets,” said the council’s Iain McDonald, according to TechWorld.
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets