Auto components manufacturer Continental demonstrated its NFC car key concept at last month’s IAA Motor Show in Frankfurt. NFC keys can be used to customise in-car settings to a particular driver, as well as to simplify management of car sharing and rental schemes.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities