CRC Bank has launched China UnionPay’s NFC-based mobile payments system in Chongqing, south west China. The ‘JiangYu’ system uses handsets from HTC fitted with NFC-equipped microSD cards, and can also be used to pay bus, light rail, subway and taxi fares.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India