CRC Bank has launched China UnionPay’s NFC-based mobile payments system in Chongqing, south west China. The ‘JiangYu’ system uses handsets from HTC fitted with NFC-equipped microSD cards, and can also be used to pay bus, light rail, subway and taxi fares.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit