CRC Bank has launched China UnionPay’s NFC-based mobile payments system in Chongqing, south west China. The ‘JiangYu’ system uses handsets from HTC fitted with NFC-equipped microSD cards, and can also be used to pay bus, light rail, subway and taxi fares.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes