CRC Bank has launched China UnionPay’s NFC-based mobile payments system in Chongqing, south west China. The ‘JiangYu’ system uses handsets from HTC fitted with NFC-equipped microSD cards, and can also be used to pay bus, light rail, subway and taxi fares.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash