The US business of point-of-sale terminal manufacturer Hypercom has changed its name to Equinox Payments. Hypercom US was sold to private equity firm The Gores Group in August 2011 as part of a deal to allay competition concerns when Verifone acquired the rest of Hypercom’s global business.
- Beijing metro looks to biometrics to speed up payments at turnstiles
- Bankwest wins new customers with NFC payments ring
- Paytm integrates games, TV, sports and news into its mobile wallet app
- Spanish banks to build blockchain customer identity verification platform
- Garmin adds NFC payments to Fenix smartwatches