Taiwan Mobile is placing smart posters in its Myfone stores that let customers call a Taiwan Taxi Corp cab using a Nokia NFC phone. The system automatically books a taxi for customers who tap the poster and sends them a text to let them know the cab number and their waiting time.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability