If there’s NFC inside the new iPhone announced today, Apple isn’t shouting about it. The iPhone 4S boasts an improved camera, a dual core A5 CPU and a voice-driven virtual assistant named Siri. But the nearest the company got to card emulation today is a new application that allows users to design and send greetings cards. Read more about the iPhone 4S at your favourite gadget blog.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments