If there’s NFC inside the new iPhone announced today, Apple isn’t shouting about it. The iPhone 4S boasts an improved camera, a dual core A5 CPU and a voice-driven virtual assistant named Siri. But the nearest the company got to card emulation today is a new application that allows users to design and send greetings cards. Read more about the iPhone 4S at your favourite gadget blog.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent