If there’s NFC inside the new iPhone announced today, Apple isn’t shouting about it. The iPhone 4S boasts an improved camera, a dual core A5 CPU and a voice-driven virtual assistant named Siri. But the nearest the company got to card emulation today is a new application that allows users to design and send greetings cards. Read more about the iPhone 4S at your favourite gadget blog.
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution