Chinese POS specialist ViewAt has produced a reference design for a modular point of sale system that incorporates PCI security and NFC capabilities. The device, based on Texas Instruments components including the new TRF7970A NFC chip, is aimed at helping POS manufacturers reduce development time as they bring NFC-compatible terminals to market.
- Chase lets customers make payments with Fitbit and Garmin wearables
- Transport for London adds in-app contactless journey tracking
- Amazon to pilot sound-based payments for cash on delivery service in India
- US merchants increase support for NFC in stores, cut back on Apple Pay and Google Pay online
- Apple Pay runs ‘Lose your wallet’ promotion in New York City