Chinese POS specialist ViewAt has produced a reference design for a modular point of sale system that incorporates PCI security and NFC capabilities. The device, based on Texas Instruments components including the new TRF7970A NFC chip, is aimed at helping POS manufacturers reduce development time as they bring NFC-compatible terminals to market.
- Apple Pay violates patents held by security technology inventor, lawsuit alleges
- Report: 70% of financial cards have chip
- NFC secure elements shipments to grow 12% in 2017
- Researchers create a T-shirt that monitors the wearer’s breathing rate in real time
- Tipping point for Apple Pay as majority of UK tills accept limitless payments