Hoeft & Wessel’s Almex e-ticketing system now allows fares to be dynamically calculated and charged after passengers wave their contactless EMV credit card as they board and again as they leave public transport. The NFC-compatible system transacts in under 500ms, is ITSO, VDV-KA and Calypso-compliant and uses CreditCall’s EMVx contactless kernel. UK bus operator First Group is set to be the first customer, with 4,000 systems on order.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points