Hungary’s three mobile network operators — Magyar Telekom, Telenor Magyarország and Vodafone Magyarország — have held a press event to jointly promote the benefits of NFC payments, reports the Budapest Business Journal. The mobile companies should team up with banks, Magyar Telekom boss Christopher Mattheisen told those attending the meeting.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa