Nokia has launched its 700, 701, 600 and N9 NFC handsets in Thailand. The announcement sells NFC as a secure method of making small purchases and paying for mass transit tickets as well as pushing Nokia’s more usual sharing, pairing and tag reading line. The devices will be available in stores from mid-October.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes