Nokia has launched its 700, 701, 600 and N9 NFC handsets in Thailand. The announcement sells NFC as a secure method of making small purchases and paying for mass transit tickets as well as pushing Nokia’s more usual sharing, pairing and tag reading line. The devices will be available in stores from mid-October.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit