An NFC-based mobile wallet that “will work with not just Visa cards from multiple banks, but other cards like American Express,” is set to be introduced in August or September next year, Visa Europe commercial director Steve Perry told delegates at the payments network’s security summit in Frankfurt last week, reports Pocket-Lint.
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa
- Ride-hailing app Grab acquires mobile payments startup iKaaz
- Starbucks tests cashless store concept in Seattle