Spanish rail operator Renfe has begun an NFC ticketing trial on Madrid’s suburban commuter network, in conjunction with Vodafone. “We are convinced that NFC technology will be the global benchmark and want to be pioneers in providing our customers with the benefit of a more convenient and flexible system,” says Renfe president Teofilo Serrano.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID