Commuters in Philadelphia, USA, could be paying for ticketless travel with contactless bank cards and NFC mobile phones within three years. Rail, subway, tram and bus operator Septa is expected to award a US$100m contract for a contactless fare payment system later this month, reports Philly.com.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India