Commuters in Philadelphia, USA, could be paying for ticketless travel with contactless bank cards and NFC mobile phones within three years. Rail, subway, tram and bus operator Septa is expected to award a US$100m contract for a contactless fare payment system later this month, reports Philly.com.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India