Google has issued an updated version of its Google Wallet app which brings improvements to getting special offers, more transaction details, a better tutorial section and user interface upgrades — along with unspecified bug fixes.
A new version of Google Wallet is now available from the Android Market app store for Sprint Nexus S 4G users.
Google Wallet 1.0-R33v4 includes several improvements and new features, and allows users to find new offers directly from the app. According to the change list, improvements include:
- Find new offers directly in Wallet
- Updated transaction detail screen (for Tap & Pay and in Transaction History)
- Merchant name and amount now available for Google Prepaid Card purchases
- Improved button to turn your cards on and off
- Five minute default PIN timeout for new users
- An improved tutorial
- Account number validation for some gift cards
- Bug fixes
The availability of the new version looks to have been timed to coincide with the launch of a high profile Google Wallet with offers campaign at American Eagle Outfitters’ flagship store in Times Square, New York.