Motorola Mobility has announced two Bluetooth headsets, both offering NFC-initiated pairing when used with NFC-equipped phones. The Elite Sliver and Elite Flip headsets are the first NFC telephony products from the phone maker, which is being acquired by Google in a deal expected to close early next year. Both devices will be available at Motorola’s online store from October 24.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit