Citigroup and América Móvil have created a US$50m joint venture to explore opportunities in mobile payments and banking. The venture, called Transfer, will open in Mexico before rolling out to other Latin American countries. América Móvil, Latin America’s leading wireless services provider, operates in 18 markets and has more than 225 million mobile customers.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain