Citigroup and América Móvil have created a US$50m joint venture to explore opportunities in mobile payments and banking. The venture, called Transfer, will open in Mexico before rolling out to other Latin American countries. América Móvil, Latin America’s leading wireless services provider, operates in 18 markets and has more than 225 million mobile customers.
- Apple reports growth in US Apple Pay acceptance
- US credit unions report increase in mobile payment transaction volumes
- Church of England doubles donations with contactless collection plates
- Alipay gets second European e-money license
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe