Citigroup and América Móvil have created a US$50m joint venture to explore opportunities in mobile payments and banking. The venture, called Transfer, will open in Mexico before rolling out to other Latin American countries. América Móvil, Latin America’s leading wireless services provider, operates in 18 markets and has more than 225 million mobile customers.
- BNP Paribas launches HCE mobile payments
- India Post to enable Aadhaar money transfers
- Barclaycard adds contactless payments to watches and fashion jewellery
- Samsung Pay goes live in Malaysia
- Metro Bank adds Android Pay in UK