NFC startup Tagstand has raised a further US$1.1m, following seed stage funding from tech incubator Y Combinator, reports TechCrunch. Tagstand, which sells a range of NFC-enabled stickers, says it is seeing especially large growth in smart posters for retail and advertising.
- Scotiabank adds multi-loyalty programs to mobile banking apps
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing
- Brewery puts NFC tags in beer coasters in San Diego pub
- Bahrain to launch national e-wallet on July 4
- Square gets green light to take on banks with ‘PIN on glass’ mobile technology