NFC startup Tagstand has raised a further US$1.1m, following seed stage funding from tech incubator Y Combinator, reports TechCrunch. Tagstand, which sells a range of NFC-enabled stickers, says it is seeing especially large growth in smart posters for retail and advertising.
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform