NFC startup Tagstand has raised a further US$1.1m, following seed stage funding from tech incubator Y Combinator, reports TechCrunch. Tagstand, which sells a range of NFC-enabled stickers, says it is seeing especially large growth in smart posters for retail and advertising.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform