Online image tagging service ThingLink has added support for NFC. The company’s new Rich Media Notes use NFC tags to associate data with printed images, in the same way that the company’s online service uses interactive hotspots to allow image providers to add links from their images to further information about a product, person or location.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments