The latest version of Google Maps for Android, available today, now asks for user permission to ‘control NFC’ upon installation. The new permission, reports Droid Matters, “Allows an application to communicate with near field communication (NFC) tags, cards, and readers.”
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year
- Apple Pay to go live in Scandinavia next week?
- Samsung Pay doubles its user base in Korea
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology