The latest version of Google Maps for Android, available today, now asks for user permission to ‘control NFC’ upon installation. The new permission, reports Droid Matters, “Allows an application to communicate with near field communication (NFC) tags, cards, and readers.”
- Android Pay to launch in Korea in May?
- Nordea Bank: PSD2 will require banks to adopt a ‘totally new way of viewing their customer base’
- UK consumers want more biometric security options for online banking
- Apple Pay struggles in China in the face of tough competition
- Study reveals US attitudes to authentication methods