Transport ticketing specialist Cubic has received EMV approval for its Tri-Reader 3, which can process all industry standard contactless smart cards as well as payments made with NFC mobile phones. The Tri-Reader 3 is now being used in a 12-month pilot of open loop payments on mass transit in Philadelphia and on London Buses.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card