“Ever since this Google thing, there’s been lots of problems,” a cashier at American Eagle Outfitters has confided to a reporter from AdAge. A roadtest of Google Wallet in New York, in which the publication set out to spend US$100 at a variety of merchants, revealed teething problems including payments being taken but offers not applied and vice-versa, but overall concluded that “Google Wallet is tech at its best.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?