The latest version of the Linux kernel, announced this week, brings NFC support to the open source operating system. “This release adds a NFC subsystem and a new NFC socket family,” says the feature description for version 3.1 of the core component of any Linux system.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash