The latest version of the Linux kernel, announced this week, brings NFC support to the open source operating system. “This release adds a NFC subsystem and a new NFC socket family,” says the feature description for version 3.1 of the core component of any Linux system.
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups
- Vancouver commuters ‘queue down the block’ for TransLink transit ticketing wristbands