The latest version of the Linux kernel, announced this week, brings NFC support to the open source operating system. “This release adds a NFC subsystem and a new NFC socket family,” says the feature description for version 3.1 of the core component of any Linux system.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent