NFC Cluster Boston will hold its first event, NFC Delivers Mobile Retail Marketing, on November 7. Formed through the MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge, the cluster aims to support the development and adoption of NFC in Boston through networking and educational programs. “Our goal is to stimulate the creation of innovation through the rapid development of NFC applications in most smartphones and other electronic devices,” says Damien Balsan, cluster co-chair and head of NFC business development at Nokia. “There are many Boston-area individuals and organizations in the mobile ecosystem — including both established companies and startups — that have critical assets that can help make NFC successful.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?