Car maker Daimler plans to add NFC to Mercedes-Benz vehicles from 2013 to simplify Bluetooth pairing, used to set up a smartphone to manage the car’s built-in systems. The company is a founding member of the Car Connectivity Consortium, a partnership between car and phone manufacturers to develop common standards for connectivity between handsets and vehicles.
- Beijing metro looks to biometrics to speed up payments at turnstiles
- Bankwest wins new customers with NFC payments ring
- Paytm integrates games, TV, sports and news into its mobile wallet app
- Spanish banks to build blockchain customer identity verification platform
- Garmin adds NFC payments to Fenix smartwatches