Car maker Daimler plans to add NFC to Mercedes-Benz vehicles from 2013 to simplify Bluetooth pairing, used to set up a smartphone to manage the car’s built-in systems. The company is a founding member of the Car Connectivity Consortium, a partnership between car and phone manufacturers to develop common standards for connectivity between handsets and vehicles.
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets
- Android O to offer autofill for payments
- Westpac launches payments keyboard for chat apps
- Wells Fargo moves forward with ATM mobile withdrawal plans