Car maker Daimler plans to add NFC to Mercedes-Benz vehicles from 2013 to simplify Bluetooth pairing, used to set up a smartphone to manage the car’s built-in systems. The company is a founding member of the Car Connectivity Consortium, a partnership between car and phone manufacturers to develop common standards for connectivity between handsets and vehicles.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service