Car dealerships can use NFC stickers to help customers get details about vehicles for sale, says US startup Gotap.me. Buyers can tap their NFC phones on GoTap NFC stickers affixed to the vehicles at the dealership and get directed to the car’s sales page on the dealer’s website. An NFC tag-based module for tracking dealer inventory is also under development.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit