A Nokia executive has told Engadget that the next version of Windows Phone, codenamed ‘Apollo’, will be a “very different game” to Mango and will launch in mid-2012. Microsoft has already stated that the next version of its mobile OS will include NFC support. The company has since told the gadget blog that the timing suggested by Nokia is “inaccurate”, but did not offer further details.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities