A Nokia executive has told Engadget that the next version of Windows Phone, codenamed ‘Apollo’, will be a “very different game” to Mango and will launch in mid-2012. Microsoft has already stated that the next version of its mobile OS will include NFC support. The company has since told the gadget blog that the timing suggested by Nokia is “inaccurate”, but did not offer further details.
- Xiaomi unveils low cost fitness tracker that supports NFC and QR payments
- Airlines commit to RFID baggage tags and single biometric ID for travellers
- UK government begins testing iPhone NFC passport reading
- Crédit Agricole pilots biometric bank cards
- Mattel adds NFC to Hot Wheels racing cars