A Nokia executive has told Engadget that the next version of Windows Phone, codenamed ‘Apollo’, will be a “very different game” to Mango and will launch in mid-2012. Microsoft has already stated that the next version of its mobile OS will include NFC support. The company has since told the gadget blog that the timing suggested by Nokia is “inaccurate”, but did not offer further details.
- ST ships its one billionth secure element
- IMF sees negative interest rates in cashless future
- Analysts: 43% of iPhone users have now enabled Apple Pay
- Snapchat opens empty shop that lets customers buy Lego clothing in AR
- Lloyds Bank to pay retailers to offer cash withdrawals to customers