A Nokia executive has told Engadget that the next version of Windows Phone, codenamed ‘Apollo’, will be a “very different game” to Mango and will launch in mid-2012. Microsoft has already stated that the next version of its mobile OS will include NFC support. The company has since told the gadget blog that the timing suggested by Nokia is “inaccurate”, but did not offer further details.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts