Durban is to introduce a contactless electronic wallet for use on its public transport network which can also be used to pay for purchases in shops. The Muvo card rollout will begin with a six week pilot on the South African city’s buses from February 2012. The system has been developed by South Africa’s National Department of Transport (NDoT), Almex and Standard Bank’s Beyond Payments unit.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works