Durban is to introduce a contactless electronic wallet for use on its public transport network which can also be used to pay for purchases in shops. The Muvo card rollout will begin with a six week pilot on the South African city’s buses from February 2012. The system has been developed by South Africa’s National Department of Transport (NDoT), Almex and Standard Bank’s Beyond Payments unit.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills