Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain