Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial