Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants
- ABN Amro includes access to Tikkie payments in new developer APIs
- Wembley to let fans store contactless tickets in their Apple Wallet
- Amazon moves closer to rollout of automated stores