Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service