Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Mahindra Comviva adds offers and promotions to mobile money platform
- Mastercard adds bar tab feature to Qkr! mobile payments app
- Huawei includes NFC payments in new smartwatch
- China’s central bank tests digital currency for in-store payments
- NXP reveals secure element and NFC solution that speeds transaction times, increases security and supports smaller form factors