More than 1.2 billion NFC chips will ship annually by 2015, according to a new forecast from In-Stat. “As the costs of NFC chips decline, and NFC radios are combined with other chip functions, the cost to integrate NFC into handsets will be outweighed by the benefits,” says analyst Allen Nogee. “The growth of combo chips will also allow NFC radios to piggyback on technology that already has significant penetration in the market.”
- Apple Pay to launch in Taiwan on March 29?
- Wells Fargo to add NFC mobile withdrawals to ATMs later this year
- Android Pay to launch in Korea in May?
- Nordea Bank: PSD2 will require banks to adopt a ‘totally new way of viewing their customer base’
- UK consumers want more biometric security options for online banking