More than 1.2 billion NFC chips will ship annually by 2015, according to a new forecast from In-Stat. “As the costs of NFC chips decline, and NFC radios are combined with other chip functions, the cost to integrate NFC into handsets will be outweighed by the benefits,” says analyst Allen Nogee. “The growth of combo chips will also allow NFC radios to piggyback on technology that already has significant penetration in the market.”
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year
- Apple Pay to go live in Scandinavia next week?
- Samsung Pay doubles its user base in Korea
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology