More than 1.2 billion NFC chips will ship annually by 2015, according to a new forecast from In-Stat. “As the costs of NFC chips decline, and NFC radios are combined with other chip functions, the cost to integrate NFC into handsets will be outweighed by the benefits,” says analyst Allen Nogee. “The growth of combo chips will also allow NFC radios to piggyback on technology that already has significant penetration in the market.”
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?