UK jazz funk band Jamiroquai is set to use NFC technology in its upcoming European tour. Concert-goers will be able to tap their NFC phones on smart posters inside arenas to see a video and enter a fan competition. Entertainment agency Media Junction‘s Neil Cartwright explains “NFC is a powerful technology when marketing artists because the process is straightforward and the rewards are instant for fans.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole