UK jazz funk band Jamiroquai is set to use NFC technology in its upcoming European tour. Concert-goers will be able to tap their NFC phones on smart posters inside arenas to see a video and enter a fan competition. Entertainment agency Media Junction‘s Neil Cartwright explains “NFC is a powerful technology when marketing artists because the process is straightforward and the rewards are instant for fans.”
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?