Secure identity specialist HID Global expects its patent “Method and Apparatus for Making a Decision on a Card” to be issued shortly by the USPTO. The invention covers “the use of portable credentials in a secure access network, in which the access decision can be made within a portable credential (such as the secure element of a mobile device) using data and algorithms stored within the credential.”
- Apple Pay set to go live in Czech Republic and Slovakia?
- ABN Amro rolls out wearable payments on rings, watches and bracelets
- Airlines leverage PSD2 to cut transaction fees
- California to ban paper receipts?
- NXP showcases the future of retail at CES 2019