The chief executive of the the company that organises the Wima NFC tradeshows in Monte Carlo and in the US has been appointed as an adviser to the cabinet of Prince Albert II of Monaco. In his ten years at Monaco Mediax, David Tomatis has overseen the growth of the Monte Carlo Television Festival and the Monaco Media Forum as well as Wima.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card