NXP has confirmed that its PN65N NFC controller with embedded secure element has been picked for Google’s recently launched Galaxy Nexus phone, along with the company’s open source NFC middleware. The chip was also used in the Nexus S.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies